Dr. Rushang Patel is a board-certified internal medicine physician and medical oncologist with Florida Hospital Medical Group’s Blood & Marrow Transplant Center, which is the only such transplant center in Central Florida. His extensive understanding of molecular medicine stems from an outstanding educational background that includes a PhD in integrated biosciences as well as post-medical school fellowship training in hematology, oncology and bone marrow transplantation. An award-winning scholar and researcher, Dr. Patel is credited with identifying a previously unknown mechanism for controlling important proteins in cells that are involved in various human diseases including cancer.
After his second fellowship, he further honed his clinical skills through an extended rotation in stem cell transplantation at the prestigious M.D. Anderson Cancer Center in Houston, Texas. He looks forward to helping patients with leukemia, lymphoma, myelodysplastic syndromes and other blood-related and bone marrow disorders with the most advanced diagnostic and treatment options through the comprehensive offerings of the Blood & Marrow Transplant Center.
- Aplastic Anemia
- Blood Marrow and Stem Cell Transplants (Autologous and Allogeneic)
- Bone Marrow Failure Syndromes
- Hematologic Malignances
- Multiple Myeloma
- Testicular Cancer
Awards & Honors
- Research Excellence Award by the Society of Toxicology
- Best Intern and Best Resident Awards
- Frobese Scholar Award
- Original Research Cited 300+ Times by Other Researchers
- Active in Relevant Professional Organizations
- Clinical Trials
- Ongoing Research
- Cell Transplant. Survival and integration of developing and progenitor-derived retinal ganglion cells following transplantation.
- Aryl hydrocarbon receptor regulates the cholesterol biosynthetic pathway in a dioxin response element-independent manner
- Case Report: hemoglobin of 2.2 g/dl – a case of severe iron deficiency anemia
- Ah receptor represses acute phase response gene expression without binding to its cognate response element