Dr. Robert Holloway is internationally recognized for his pioneering skills in robotic surgery, post-graduate robotic surgery training programs, and for excellence in clinical research. He is a faculty member of the medical colleges of both the University of Central Florida and Florida State University. In addition to serving as Medical Director of the Gynecologic Oncology Program, he is a founding member of the Florida Hospital Global Robotics Institute. He routinely assists in the training of physicians from around the world in new surgical techniques.
Dr. Holloway is a principal investigator for several clinical trials and research projects aimed at advancing effective treatments for gynecologic cancers, including innovative investigations of pelvic sentinel lymphatic mapping that improve surgical staging, bio-assays that better predict response to oncologic drug therapies, and genomic markers for neurotoxicity that may improve quality of life for patients on chemotherapy. The program’s affiliations with the National Cancer Institute’s Gynecologic Oncology Group (now NRG), major universities, such as Duke and Ohio State, and industry-funded research consortiums ensure that the program houses a robust portfolio of clinical trials with cutting edge therapies for patients with gynecologic cancers.
As an international expert on gynecologic oncology, Dr. Holloway is frequently invited to lecturer jn major Universities around the world, on topics related to robotic surgery, pelvic sentinel lymph node mapping, and ovarian cancer therapies.
- Cervical Cancer
- Clinical Trials
- Gynecologic Oncology
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Ovarian and Other Gynecologic Cancers
- Robotic-Assisted Laparoscopic Surgery
- Endometrial Cancer
- Ovarian Cancer
- Uterine Cancer
- Vulvar Cancer
Awards & Honors
- Surgeon of the Year - Orange County Medical Society (OCMS), 2007
- Best Doctor award - Best Doctors of America, 2005 to 2011
- Castle Connolly “Top Doctors” Recognition Award, 1999 - Present
- SGO Best Clinical Practice Poster Award (shared with Drs. S.A. DeNardis, R.W. Holloway, G.E. Bigsby IV, D.P. Pikaart, S. Ahmad, N.J. Finkler), 2008
- PATIENTS’ CHOICE Recognition Award (by MDx Medical Inc., New Jersey), 2009-2011
- PATIENTS’ CHOICE Physician Recognition (by American Registry, LLC of the Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors Award), 2013, 2014
- Journal of Robotic Surgery, Associate Editor, 2006-Current
- Reviewers for Peer-Reviewed Scientific Journals, (eg, British Medical Journal, Gynecologic Oncology, Archives of Obstetrics and Gynecology)
- Referee, The Cochrane Library (Cochrane Gynecological Cancer Review Group), London, UK
- Program Committee, 42nd Annual Meeting on Women’s Cancer of the Society of Gynecologic Oncologists (SGO), March 2011, Orlando, FL
- US News & World Report “Best Hospitals” Gynecology Florida Hospital, Orlando (2011 – 24th; 2012 – 11th, 2013 - 10th; 2014 – 9th)
- National Cancer Institute-NIH (U10CA 167730-01) - Community Clinical Oncology Program (CCOP) Grant. Co-Investigator. (PI: Lee Zehngebotm MD)
- Intuitive Surgical, Inc., “Clinical Robotic Fellowship” Grant (PI: Robert W. Holloway, M.D.), Active
- Extrogen Receptor-α and Markers of EMT as Novel Biomarkers in Endometrial Cancer
- Detection of Sentinel Lymph Nodes in Patients with Endometrial Cancer Undergoing Robotic-Assisted Staging
- Does a uterine manipulator affect cervical cancer pathology or identification of lymphovascular space involvement?
- A Phase II, Randomized, Placebo-controlled Study of Vismodegib as Maintenance Therapyin Patients with OC in Second or Third Complete Remission
- Metastatic Leiomyosarcoma of the Uterus with Heterologous Differentiation to Malignant Mesenchymoma