Dr. Ivanov is a board-certified and fellowship-trained surgeon who employs the most advanced techniques for diagnosing, treating and managing all forms of breast cancer. Her aggressive approach to battling disease is matched only by her compassionate care of patients, and she takes great pride in being able to make a positive difference in women’s lives while providing hope and reassurance to those who seek her assistance. Her advanced communication skills are a tremendous asset to her patients and include fluency in English, Ukrainian, Russian, French and Spanish.
As Medical Director of the Comprehensive Breast Health Center at Florida Hospital – Celebration Health and founding physician of Florida Breast Health Specialists in Celebration, Fla., Dr. Ivanov works with a multidisciplinary team of medical professionals to deliver state-of-the-art surgical, radiation and reconstructive therapies that are targeted to achieving the best outcomes for each individual. With an average turnaround time of just 24-48 hours for treatment planning and implementation, she provides the swift and efficient medical attention that cancer patients need and deserve to obtain optimal results.
Prior to her affiliation with Florida Hospital, Dr. Ivanov founded and served as Medical Director for the Comprehensive Breast Health Center at Little Company of Mary Hospital in Chicago, Ill. She earned her medical degree from the Medical College of Ohio in Toledo and completed her residency in general surgery at Loyola University Medical Center in Maywood, Ill. She then received specialized medical training via a breast surgery fellowship at Northwestern Memorial Hospital in Chicago.
- Abnormal Mammogram Evaluation and Management
- Accelerated Partial Breast Irradiation
- Breast Cancer Surgery
- Breast Reconstruction Surgery
- Early-Stage Breast Cancer Interventions
- Genetic Testing and Counseling
- High Risk Factor Determination and Management
- Intraoperative Radiation Therapy (IORT)
- Ultrasound and Stereotactic Breast Biopsy
Awards and Honors
- Patient’s Choice Award (2008-2014)
- Compassionate Doctor Award (2010-2014)
- Consumers’ Research Council of America’s Top Surgeons
- Northwestern University School of Medicine Best Fellow Research Prize
- Lynn Sage Breast Cancer Symposium Research Award
- Breast Cancer Research
- IORT Clinical Studies
- Intraoperative radiation therapy in the treatment of early-stage breast cancer utilizing xoft electronic brachytherapy