Luis Carrascosa, MD is board certified in radiation oncology and specializes in providing advanced radiation therapy to treat all cancers, with a focus on breast cancer, head and neck cancer, lung cancer, prostate cancer and skin cancer. He uses innovative techniques, such as stereotactic radio surgery, stereotactic body radiation therapy, accelerated partial breast irradiation, IMRT and HDR, to provide advanced radiation oncology therapies and tailored cancer treatment plans. Dr. Carrascosa continuously achieves optimal outcomes with the least amount of time and discomfort. During his career, Dr. Carrascosa has led sub-specialized cancer programs, published in peer-reviewed journals, conducted invited lectures, held academic and professional appointments, along with board positions on relevant radiation oncology societies—all proven assets to both his cancer patients and fellow physicians.
- 3-D Conformal Radiation Therapy
- Accelerated Partial-Breast Irradiation
- Brain Tumors
- Breast Cancer
- Colon and Rectal Cancer
- Cone-Beam CT
- Eclipse Treatment Planning
- Gastrointestinal Cancer
- Head and Neck Cancer
- High-Dose-Rate Brachytherapy (HDR)
- Image-Guided Radiation Therapy (IGRT, including RapidArc ®)
- Intensity-Modulated Radiation Therapy (IMRT) Lung Cancer
- Prostate Cancer
- Prostate Seed Implantation
- Radionuclide Treatments
- Radiosurgery (including CyberKnife ®)
- Skin Cancer
- Stereotactic Body Radiation Therapy (SBRT)
- Stereotactic Radio Surgery
- Urologic Cancer
- Board Certified, Radiation Oncology
- Past President, Marion County Medical Society, FL
- Past Medical Director, Radiation Oncology Department, Brown Cancer Center, Taylor Regional Hospital, Campbellsville, KY
- Chief Resident, Radiation Oncology, University of Louisville, Louisville, KY
- Residency, Radiation Oncology, University of Louisville, Louisville, KY
- Internship, Internal Medicine, University of South Alabama, Mobile, AL
- Medical Degree, Universidad Francisco Marroquin School of Medicine, Guatemala City, Guatemala
- Author- Palliation of Pelvic and Head and Neck Malignancies with Paclitaxel and a Novel Radiotherapy Regimen.
- Co-Author- Concomitant Boost Radiation plus Concurrent Cisplatin for Advanced Head and Neck Carcinoma: A Phase II Trial of the Radiation Therapy Oncology Group (RTOG 99-14)
- Co-Author- Hodgkin’s Lymphoma in Adults-Clinical Features.
- Author - Synchronous Primary Bilateral Breast Lymphoma.
- Co-Author - The Relationship of Radiation pneumonitis to treated lung volume in breast conservation therapy.
- Co-Author – Evaluation of Scrotal and Testicular Dose when using Radiation for Heterotopic Ossification Prophylaxis.