Justin Kelly, MD, FRCS, is a fellowship-trained colon and rectal surgeon whose areas of expertise include the application of minimally invasive techniques including TAMIS and laparoscopic surgeries to address cancers of the lower digestive tract. Specializing in surgical treatments for Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis, he also excels in treating patients with all forms of anorectal disease including hemorrhoids, fistulas and rectal bleeding.
An honors graduate of the College of Surgeons in Dublin, Ireland, Dr. Kelly undertook his surgical internship at Beaumont Hospital in Dublin and earned his Certificate of Completion of Basic Specialist Training (CCBST) following additional surgical training at Cork University Hospital. He then earned his Masters Degree in Surgery (equivalent to an MD) at University College in Cork and undertook consecutive residencies in colorectal, vascular, oncological and hepato-pancreatic biliary surgery at top-tier Irish hospitals.
Dr. Kelly has the distinction of having served as the first-ever International Fellow in Colon and Rectal Surgery at Florida Hospital Medical Group, where he received comprehensive training in groundbreaking surgical techniques pioneered by the Center for Colon & Rectal Surgery.
- Cancers of the colon, rectum and anus
- Anorectal diseases including hemorrhoids, anal fistula, condyloma and perianal abscess
- Fecal incontinence, rectal prolapse and constipation
- Minimally invasive surgery of the rectum and colon
- Pelvic floor disorders
- TAMIS (transanal minimally invasive surgery)
- Screening and therapeutic colonoscopy
- Surgical interventions for inflammatory bowel disease
- Fellowship, Colon and Rectal Surgery, Florida Hospital Medical Group, Orlando, FL
- Residency, Hepato-Biliary Surgery Mater Misericordiae University Hospital, Dublin, Ireland
- Residency, Colorectal Surgery, Cork University Hospital, Cork, Ireland
- Residency, Vascular Surgery, Mercy University Hospital, Cork, Ireland
- Residency, General Surgery, Kerry General Hospital, Tralee, Ireland
- Medical Degree with Honors, Royal College of Surgeons, Dublin, Ireland
- National Medal for Best Clinical Doctor, Bio-Innovate Fellowship Ireland
- Sir William Osler Medal for Clinical Excellence, RSCI/Connolly Hospital
- Gold Medal for Best Student Tutor of the Year, University Hospital Galway
- Book Chapter: “Sepsis: Symptoms, Diagnosis and Treatment” Published by Nova Science Publishers Incorporated.
- “Sepsis: Current Treatment Modalities and Future Therapeutic Targets” ISBN 978-1-60876-609-3. Justin Kelly, Ronan A Cahill, H Paul Redmond.
- American Society of Colon & Rectal Surgeons
- Association of Coloproctology of Great Britain and Ireland
Center for Colon & Rectal Surgery
2501 North Orange Avenue, Suite 240
Orlando, FL 32804