Dr. John Bollinger has more than 30 years of experience fighting all types of cancers with advanced radiation therapies. He is a leading provider of partial breast radiation, prostate seed implants, image-guided radiation therapy and intensity-modulated radiation therapy. Prior to joining Florida Hospital Medical Group, Dr. Bollinger served as Medical Director of Radiation Oncology at some of the nation’s other top cancer care centers in Idaho, Illinois, North Dakota, Indiana and Minnesota. He is a respected clinical investigator and researcher whose work has focused on pelvic radiotherapy, accelerated radiation therapy for conservative treatment of breast cancer, and other new cancer treatments.
A native of Macon, GA, Dr. Bollinger graduated with honors from Mercer University and then from the Medical College of Georgia before completing his internship training at the University of Wisconsin-Madison and residency at the University of Oklahoma.
- Breast Cancer
- Lung Cancer
- Gastrointestinal Cancers
- Urologic Cancer
- Soft-tissue Sarcomas Stereotactic Body Radiotherapy
- Stereotactic Radiosurgery
- Image-Guided Radiation Therapy
- Intensity-Modulated Radiation Therapy
- Clinical Trials
Publications and Research
- Study Chairman, North Central Cancer Treatment Group, Protocols 949252, NO349, NO64A
- Patient assessment of bowel function during and after pelvic radiotherapy; results of a prospective Phase III North Central Treatment Group clinical trial
- Accelerated Hyperfractionated Radiation Therapy in the Conservative Treatment of Breast Cancer
- Sucralfate in the Prevention of Treatment-Induced Diarrhea in Patients Receiving Pelvic Radiation Therapy: A North Central Cancer Treatment Group Phase III Double-Blind Placebo-Controlled Trial