Dr. Catherine Hwang is board certified in radiation oncology. In addition to general radiation oncology, she specifically focuses on helping patients with breast, head and neck cancers. She has considerable expertise in 3D conformal radiation therapy, intensity-modulated radiation therapy, and both low dose rate and high dose rate brachytherapy. She is committed to providing the highest level of patient care and is a tireless researcher who conscientiously employs new radiation technologies in pursuit of the most effective cancer treatment options. Her research interests have included prostate cancer and glioblastoma multiforme (GBM).
Dr. Hwang earned her Medical Degree and completed her internship in internal medicine at Northwestern University’s Feinberg School of Medicine, in Chicago. She also completed her radiation oncology residency at Northwestern Memorial Hospital. She joined Radiation Oncology Specialists from the Medical College of Wisconsin, where she served as an Assistant Professor of Radiation Oncology and was Medical Director for United Hospital System at the St. Catherine’s Medical Center Campus in Pleasant Prairie, WI.
She is a member of the American Society of Therapeutic Radiology and Oncology, American College of Radiation Oncology, American College of Radiology, American Brachytherapy Society, American Society for Clinical Oncology and Radiologic Society of North America.
- Breast Cancer
- Brain Cancer Therapy
- Head and Neck Cancer Therapy
- Gastrointestinal Cancer Therapy
- General Radiation Oncology
- Gynecologic Cancers
- High Dose Rate and Low Dose Rate Brachytherapy
- Prostate Cancer Therapy
- 3D Conformal Radiation Therapy
- Active in Relevant Professional Organizations
- Clinical Trials
- Ongoing Research
- Co-author – Should Uterine Tandem Applicators Ever Be Placed Without Ultrasound Guidance?
- Co-author – Photon Radiotherapy for the Treatment of High Grade Gliomas
- Co-presenter – Improvements in Dose Homogeneity in the Treatment of Breast Cancer Over Time Without Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy